This is the Leopard BL5 1/5 Scale Waterproof Brushless ESC. Compatible with 3S-8S LiPo power, the BL5 provides the ultimate power upgrade solution for many popular 1/5 scale vehicles like the HPI Baja Buggy, Losi 5IVE-T Nitro-to-Electric Truck, and Desert Buggy XL Nitro-to-Electric buggy. It is also suitable for various other brands of 1/5 scale on-road cars, buggies and truggies.
- High Reliability & Durability: Built with the most rugged and high-quality components and coupled with cutting-edge firmware, the Leopard BL5 is able to deliver unmatched power and performance for even the most hardcore of racing applications, but is also responsive enough to protect itself from damage due to overloading due to physical abuse, overuse or even human error.
- Great Flexibility & Versatility: With incredible acceleration capabilities and a rock-solid, stable output, the BL5 can handle instant full-torque start-ups for wheelies, high-speed racing on straightaways and powering through the bumpiest terrain. The user will have the choice of adjusting the ESC parameters as per his preference and ability.
- Applicable for All Weather Conditions: The waterproof and dust-proof design allows the BL5 to be used in all weather conditions without any issue of damage caused to the ESC from water or dust.
- High Voltage Built-in BEC: The BL5 has adopted the world's first HV built-in BEC with an output current of up to 25Amps and a switchable output voltage of 6-7.4V. The high voltage BEC is designed to handle today's high voltage servos on demand used by large scale vehicles.
- Advanced & Secure Electronic Switch: The BL5 features an electronic switch with a lifespan of over 50,000 on/off cycles, housed in a completely waterproof, dust-proof and shock-resistant design.
- Maintenance Free: The ESC, minus the cooling fan, is basically maintenance free. The cooling fan is designed to be shockproof, which in turn will reduce damage brought on by frequent vehicle big jumps and landings on hard surfaces.
- Built-in Anti-Spark System: The BL5 is built with an internal anti-spark circuitry that protects not only battery connectors from damage but helps to prevent physical injury due to burnt fingers from the inevitable issue of sparking when hooking up the ESC to higher voltage battery packs (5S/6S/7S/8S).
- Continuous Current: 200A
- Peak Current: 1,300A
- Motor Type: Sensorless Brushless Motor
- Applications: 1/5th Touring Car, Buggy, Truggy and Truck
- Motor Limit: With 8S LiPo/24-Cell NiMH: KV ≤1000 (58110 size motor)
- LiPo/NiMH Cells: 9-24S NiMH, 3-8S LiPo
- BEC Output: 6V/7.2V Switchable, Continuous Current of 6A (Switch-mode BEC)
- Cooling Fan: Powered by the stable BEC voltage of 6V/7.2V
- Connectors: Input End: Wired with XT150 connectors for series connection to 2 batteries. Output End: Female 6.5mm Gold Connectors (pre-soldered onto the PCB of the speed controller)
- Size (LxWxH): 93.35x58.12x47.81mm
- Weight: 342g
- Programming Port: FAN /PRG Port
- (1) BL5 ESC
- (3) 10 AWG, 200C Black wires for a brushless motor (6.5mm male bullet on one end to plug into ESC, bare ends on other)
- (1) Double side tape
- (2) zip-ties
- (2) Heat shrink tube
- (1) Manual
- (1) Programming lead
- Ask Question