The HobbyStar 120A Turbo ESC is truly the next level in 1/10 competition speed controls. Offering an unprecedented level of control over boost and turbo-timing features, this ESC gives you multiple timing adjustments to control power delivery and maximize vehicle stability.
Any ESC can put down the power, but what sets the HobbyStar 120A Turbo ESC apart from the rest is the control you have over that power and braking action. Both the punch-rate and brake-rates allow you to select 2 separate stages of adjustment along with a switch-rate (the point in throttle travel at which the second stage setting is applied). This is an invaluable tool for fine-tuning your power and brake delivery to not upset the handling of your car by controlling wheelspin under acceleration, and tire lockup under hard braking.
Boost timing offers an optional “Stability” mode which regulates boost timing not only by motor RPM, but by throttle position as well. Additionally, boost timing can be set to “Linear” (boost timing is applied increasingly based on RPM), or “Custom” (freely program the amount of timing at a given RPM).
Turbo timing can be activated by RPM, throttle position, or a combination of the two, and the rate at which it is applied and pulled back (turbo “Slope”) is programmable in order to maintain vehicle balance and not upset handling.
With an extensive list of other programmable features, “Blinky” mode for stock-class racing and a beautifully machined T6 billet-aluminum housing, the HobbyStar 120A Turbo ESC is THE choice for 1/10 scale competition.
NOTE: This ESC is best suited for 1/10 2WD buggies, SCT's and 1/10 4WD buggies with 540 2-pole motors. NOT for use on 4WD SCT's or with 4-pole motors.
- Advanced software and programming features provide silky-smooth operation and all-out power
- Dual-stage and switch point adjustments for punch setting
- Brake curve and dual-stage brake switch-point adjustments
- Throttle curve and punch-rate adjustments
- Dynamic boost timing and turbo timing adjustment
- Optional “Stability” mode for boost-timing
- Multiple protection features: Low-voltage cut-off, over-heat protection and signal loss protection.
- Built-in power switch avoids having to use separate, bulky switch
- Comes with fan, capacitor pack, all necessary wiring and instructions (does not come with battery/motor connectors)
- Uses HobbyStar LCD Program Card or Star-Link USB link for adjustments and firmware updates
- Continuous Current: 120A
- Burst Current: 760A
- Resistance: 0.0003ohm
- Suitable Car: 1/10, 1/12
- Motor Type: Brushless sensored or sensorless 2-pole 540
- Motor Limit: 3.5T (2S), 7.5T (3S)
- Cell Count: 2-3S LiPo, 5-10S NiCd/NiMh
- BEC Output: 6V/3A
- Dimensions (without fan): 41.5x37x21mm
- Weight: 50g (without fan/wires)
- Ask Question